Meet the Standish Team
Jaime Barrett-Thurston is a highly regarded, results-driven recruiting professional with over 20 years full-cycle recruitment experience. Jaime easily builds rapport with hiring leaders and candidates and has a keen ability to scope out a recruiting project, create a sound strategy, and source the best qualified prospects. She is particularly expert at attracting talented individuals who were not actively searching for a new position.
Jaime began her career as a chemist and after several years transferred her technical knowledge to a recruiting environment. Beginning as a technical recruiter with a focus on electronics and semi-conductor, she later joined a newly created National Sourcing Team for AlliedSignal (now Honeywell) where she led their software and information technology recruiting nationwide. For 18 years she then worked for the Duffy Group where she worked on a variety of recruiting projects at all levels from individual contributors, managers, and C-suite executives.
Jaime’s experience spans an array of industries that includes manufacturing, aerospace, higher education, nonprofit, financial services, insurance and more. She is comfortable recruiting at all levels from an engineer to CEO and can quickly understand the nuances of a role, and develop the right search strategy.
Some examples of the varied research projects that Jaime has led include:
- Developed candidate slates to successfully fill numerous senior leadership roles in manufactured products
- Sourced unique candidates for unique business models, for example drone products business development leader, defense industry CEO, exposition services COO ….
- Filled five Executive Director roles (two in two months) for a national nonprofit organization at a significant savings over retained search fees
- Placed CTO for an insurance company in less than three months and at a 50% savings versus alternative costs
- Filled three Chief Diversity Officer Roles for Universities requiring very quick turnaround results.
- Hospitality/Travel Company – supported the filling of five key positions through detailed contacts and disciplined research methods.
- Developed a robust slate and placed an archaeologist for an environmental firm in a niche market.
- Created strategy, identified targets and generated the right candidates for a large healthcare informatics project in an extremely tight market.
Jaime has a well-respected track record for effectively identifying and attracting candidates to technical and leadership positions in unique businesses. She and her family live in Scottsdale, Arizona. Jaime holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry from the University of Arizona.